Start 2018 on a high note career wise, as a model. Before stepping off into the wilderness of entertainment this year. Firstly acquaint yourself with basic sets of industry requirements. Once you get the basics right, then everything else will follow. You have done well to dream. You have done well to recognize your talents and potentials. Now its time to get it polished with knowledge so you can break the jinx and get the jobs rolling in.
The key responsibilities of a model comprise:
- Enhancing their look by applying make up to the face, styling the hair as per the look, and dressing up in an appropriate manner for enhancing the overall look of the product display
- Dressing up accordingly for posing for the garment, completed attire, and fashion accessories, understanding the vision of the photographer / fashion director, and posing for the shoot / filming as directed by them, etc.
- Promoting the products and / or services in editorial prints, television ads, films, and videos accordingly as per the media requirement, and displaying the product differently by posing, turning, walking, etc., in fashion shows, promotional events, and live ad campaigns in private shows and retail establishments for displaying the product features properly
- Following strict routine of diet, sleep, exercise, and other beauty treatments for maintaining their looks and appearance, enhancing their body language for poising attractively, and maintaining their health and beauty regimes properly for maintaining the stress free looks
- Associating with fashion photographers, fashion coordinators, event producers, art directors, fashion stylists, make-up and hair style artists, other fashion models, and professional clients for carrying on the desired looks, and finishing the modeling project on scheduled time; obtaining information from agents regarding the payment due, date and time of photo shoot, other provisions like traveling schedule, etc., and the time duration / working hours of the assignment
- Providing detailed product information regarding product model, designing details, price of the garment, designers involved in designing the garment, and store / location where it can be purchased to prospective customers, handing out gifts / samples of the product, demonstrate its features, and conversing with prospective buyers while dressed in costume for product promotion
- Assembling and maintaining portfolios, recording and maintaining the job completion records along with its payment and duration details, traveling to various destinations for obtaining job assignments and contacting various job agencies for obtaining the information about future modeling projects