TALENT MANAGER - WHY YOU NEED ONE AS A PERFORMER
Hence Morgeez Talent Managers invest a great deal of time and energy into a performer’s potential,
and into a long-term career for their clients, long before the actor/performer has a track record of booking consistently. They typically work with their clients over a period of a number of years. They tend to genuinely care about their clients, almost like a family, and protect their clients from the harmful situations that may be encountered in the dog-eat-dog world of show business. A talent manager is the one who believes in and keeps fighting for a client when all others have given up. The following are some things that many talent managers may also do:
- Prepare talent for meetings with potential talent agencies.
- Arrange introductions to agents
- Help talent decide on a talent agency for representation.
- Advise talent on acting classes and coaching.
- Help talent choose a good photographer and pick out headshots.
- Promote talent to industry professionals to try to help talent get auditions.
- Prepare resume or advise talent on preparation of a resume.
- Help make any and all decisions related to talent’s career.
- Answer questions on anything related to a career in show business.
The bottom line is that when an actor succeeds and gets paid, everybody gets paid. Both talent agents and Morgeez talent managers will work hard to make that happen.